#124 Fireside Chat: Unscripted 10.0 Sunday 13 October, 2013

“Unscripted 10.0”

Miss Episode 124 live last night? Click here to listen to the recording OR use the embedded player below.

(Apologies for the less-than-ideal audio. My mic was on the fritz! –Savanna)

Episode 124 of Hunger Games Fireside Chat will air live this Monday, October 14, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts will include Rebekah from Victor’s Village, Courtney from Welcome to District 12, and Jessi from HungerGamesFandom.net. We’ll also be joined by a special guest panelist, Lacey from G33king Out!

We haven’t done an unscripted show since July, so we figured it was high time for another one.

We’ll spend the first few minutes of Episode 124 chatting about the newly relaunched TheCapitol.PN and how it compares to last year’s version.

We’ll also talk about THE NEW CATCHING FIRE TV SPOT which debuted online tonight on Walmart’s Facebook page.

And then, in lieu of a planned agenda, we’ll spend the rest of the evening pulling all sorts of thought-provoking and crazy topics out of our trusty grab bag/topic cornucopia.

If you’d like to submit a topic, just leave a comment below!

Update!
Topics we pulled out tonight:
– What would the characters from the trilogy dress up as for Halloween (if they celebrated)?
– If you could swap two members of the cast (and have them switch roles), who would they be?
– If any place on Earth could be used for a filming location, what would have been the best place to shoot?
Buttercup is now orange (like he should be)!

(Psst…we’re giving away a 4-pack of tickets to Catching Fire!)

Click here to listen to last week’s episode.

Rebekah: @Rebekahdg / @VictorsVillage
Jessi: @raineygrey / @FandomNet
Lacey: @img33kingout

#77 Fireside Chat: Unscripted 4.0
#77 Fireside Chat: Unscripted 4.0
#27 Fireside Chat: Battle of the ARGs
#27 Fireside Chat: Battle of the ARGs

• Marce Escoto says:

Do you think that if Peeta had not been hijacked, would he and Katniss would’ve been together from that point on (when he was rescued)?

• Marce Escoto says:

Oh and a follow up question:

Will Catching Fire be able to surpass the 1 Billion $ mark?

Awesome topics, Marce! 🙂

• discotia says:

I know it’s never a guarantee that a submitted topic will be discussed, but I know I’ve submitted a few in the past via email that were Catching Fire film-relevant. Any chance there will be an Unscripted film-related-only episode before Catching Fire’s release. I only ask because I love hearing everyone on the panel’s opinions, and I had a few ideas I wanted to bounce off. Thanks for keeping me entertained on a weekly-basis!

Another thought/grab-bag item: has anyone noticed that President Snow is wearing the same outfit (the grey suit with the fur half-coat) in both the Victors’ Village scene when he is talking to Katniss, and also during the reading of the card/Quarter Quell announcement scene. Does this mean they are happening on the same day? Why else would the President of all people re-wear the same outfit? I think it’s safe to assume the Katniss and President Snow discussion scene might happen a little but later in the movie than it did in the book (since we are seeing the Gale/Katniss scene versus just hearing about it as a brief flashback), but it there a chance it’s been pushed back until after the Victory Tour? If so, what would be Katniss’ motivation during the Tour to act accordingly other than her conversation with Haumitch after the District 11 Tour stop? Hmm…now I’ve confused myself… Thanks for the great podcast, and here’s to hoping this might be discussed!!!

Thank you, discotia! That’s an excellent topic (something we definitely had not noticed). We’ve actually added a few Catching Fire film-related topics to the grab bag (ones that are relevant right now, like Weta’s involvement) — hopefully we’ll pull those out. 😛

• Twirl4me says:

If any of you guys have read it yet, you could talk about the SciFi Magazine article. I thought it was very informative, even more than the EW interview. And it also, along with EW, has a feature on Jena Malone/Johanna Mason (hey, they have the same initials!). At first everyone was so excited about Finnick, but going by these Johanna features, she may be shaping up to be THE breakout character of CF, like what Effie was to the first movie.

Yes, definitely! I’ll add this as a topic for the grab bag. I just finished reading that article — so great!

I have different wallpapers of various Catching Fire characters since they released photos from the movie. What if anyone of you guys have as wallpaper on your phones, labtops or mobile devices? Thanks

• Twirl4me says:

That’s a cute topic. After The Spark logo premiered last year, I used the first poster as my laptop background for a while. Since the summer I’ve saved a LOT of fan art, stills, and promotional art to rotate until the movie comes out. Now my background is a trailer still of Katniss and Peeta in the QQ tribute parade from the back (so you can see them holding hands <3) and my Twitter background is the flaming CF mockingjay "pin".

• You guys could talk about the awesome CF merchandise at HOT TOPIC but HOT TOPIC doesn’t currently have everything listed on : http://hungergames.hollywoodvideo.com/hunger-games-catching-fire/ I just really love new MERCH!!!! 😀

• That t.v spot that debuted online was one of the best I’ve ever seen, seeing what might be some of the night terror scene, and more dialogue and longer clips of what we’ve had in the 2 previous trailers was amazing. You can sense the love triangle more with Gale acting almost scared in a sense that his Katniss will be changed into something that won’t wan’t him anymore, and then seeing Katniss in bed with Peeta, def. way more love traingle in the CF trailers than in THG movie. My favorite part was seeing the Capitol citizens reaction to the Mockingjay dress and Ceaser saying ” We have never seen anything like this, and we will never see anything like it again.” I LOVED IT SO MUCH, and it made me like Atlas by Coldplay even more.

• Technically, I didn’t cry while watching the TV spot. But there were legit tears in my eyes and I was as close as you could get. What overwhelmed me was that damn music. The song “Atlas” is powerful enough, but hearing it play out while seeing glimpses of Katniss’ trials and tribulations is a stirring experience. It moves you in a very jarring and, dare I say it, SPIRITUAL way. That’s a very powerful trait for a trailer to have. But the one question that keeps roaming to the forefront of my mind is: If a TV spot can evoke so much emotion out of me, what will I be like when I see the actual movie?

By the way, my fellow tributes, we broke Tumblr again…

• Lexie says:

Hypothetically, I feel like swapping Isabelle Fuhrman for Katniss and Jen for Clove would have been interesting. Not for real though! Jen is a perfect Katniss!!