#97 Fireside Chat: Always Elegant Sunday 03 March, 2013

“Always Elegant”

If you missed Episode 97 live, never fear! You can click here to listen to the recording or simply use the embedded player below!

Episode 97 of Hunger Games Fireside Chat will air live this Monday, March 4, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts will include Theresa from Down with the Capitol, Crystal of Mockingjay.net and FictionalFood.net, Kait and Rebekah of Victor’s Village, Courtney of Welcome to District 12, and Ariel of Nerdy, Wordy, and Over Thirty.

So, what do we have planned for our first episode of March 2013?

– On February 26, Capitol Couture posted a mysterious image of a chair on their new Instagram account with the following caption: Always Elegant. Always Prompt. Join us on March 4. #LadiesFirst

At 1pm ET today, Lionsgate unveiled a “Capitol Portrait” of a very pink Effie Trinket seated in the teal chair along with a tease for a second portrait. The second portrait, which was released by Fandango at 6pm ET, features Caesar Flickerman seated in an ornate yellow chair! We’ll discuss both images in detail! (And here’s tomorrow’s tease.)

To stay on top of all the clues and portraits, be sure to keep an eye on Capitol Couture’s Instagram account, CapitolCouture.PN, and CapitolPortraits.PN!

– Next, we’ll share our teaser predictions. What do we think we’ll see in the teaser? What do we want to see in the teaser? When do we think the teaser will be released? Leave a comment below with YOUR teaser wish lists! We’ll share as many of your responses as possible.

Theresa: @RealorNotReal / @HungerGamesDWTC
Rebekah: @Rebekahdg / @VictorsVillage

#46 Fireside Chat: Safer & Sounder
#46 Fireside Chat: Safer & Sounder

• Kasey V says:

When it comes to the teaser trailer. I just really want to see it! I don’t really care what is in it. I just want to see some Catching Fire footage! To get a tiny feel of what the movie is going to be like.

However, I can see the teaser being part of the Victory Tour. Since that seems to be the focus at the moment. But we will to have to wait and see. I just hope the wait isn’t too much longer 😀

• There hasn’t been a lot of news about Catching Fire lately, but I think it’s worth mentioning that The Hunger Games movie has recently been nominated for three different genre awards:
    – Nebula (by Science Fiction and Fantasy writers of America) for Ray Bradbury award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation http://www.sfwa.org/2013/02/2012-nebula-awards-nominees-announced/
    – Saturn (Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films) – for Best Science Fiction FIlm, and Jennifer Lawrence for Best actress http://www.saturnawards.org/nominations.html
    – Bram Stoker award (by the Association of Horror Writers of America) – for Superior Achievement in Screenplay http://www.horror.org/blog/?p=3211

The latter may be a surprise since I don’t believe many people would think of THG as horror, although it may have some elements of it. This could be a starting point for a discussion what genres the movie and the trilogy belong to.

• Sarah says:

Maybe they’ll have the teaser show part of the victory tour and President Snow saying “Convince me” to Katnis

• Well, since the last trailer was little more than Katniss walking through the forest, my expectations aren’t high for Catching Fire’s teaser trailer. It could just be Katniss walking with her bow an arrow again, only this time maybe she’ll walk through a snow covered District 12.
    Then again, they could totally shock us and give us a two minute long trailer that goes over half of the books plot and shows 75% of the characters.
    The only thing that Lionsgate really has to be careful with is making Catching Fire seem different. They need to show people it’s not just a repeat of the first movie. It’s not an unjustifiable sequel made only because the first movie was so successful. It is different. It is new. It will be even better than the first one. As long as Lionsgate can convey that, I don’t care what they put in the rest of the trailer They could put Edward Cullen having a sword fight with Peeta and I wouldn’t blink . (Okay, that’s not true. Edward Cullen would totally give the wrong impression of the movie.) Just make sure the trailer makes the movie seem as well done and exciting as the first one.

• The first teaser may be Snow’s conversation with Katniss. That would be the perfect way to bring people up to speed where things left off and what the situation and the stakes are. The second teaser would be some moments from Victory Tour or another moments that hint at an upcoming rebellion brewing in the districts and Capitol being ready for a crackdown.

I think they will be focusing on the rebellion in the promotion, judging by the tagline “Every revolution begins with a spark”, and I think that’s the right choice. This would make me want to see the movie, if I hadn’t read Catching Fire. The biggest mistake they could make is focus on the Quarter Quell in the marketing. Not only because it’s a spoiler (sadly, most of the magazine and online articles are making sure everyone is spoiled about it), but most of all because it would make people think Catching Fire is just a rehash of the first movie. I can see people saying: “Oh, so they’re going to the Games again. Blah. Another pointless sequel made just for money…”

• Caitlyn says:

For the teaser trailer I’m thinking it will have something to do with Snow’s visit to Katniss’ house just before the victory tour or Snow talking avout the 75th games.But I would also love to see in the teaser trailer a bit of the victory tour scenes. I’m very curious about that as well 🙂 Maybe even a “Stay with me” “always” scene too? Idk I’ll be happy with anything they give us❤

• I don’t think they’ll have any romantic scenes like that in teasers. Not only would be too revelatory, but would that make any casual fan want to rush in and see the movie, if they thought Catching Fire was all about the Katniss/Peeta romance (which for many casual viewers would be a given anyway, particularly if they’re among those who didn’t realize that K and P were not “together” in the end of the first movie)? I doubt it.

Snow’s conversation with Katniss would be perfect for a teaser – and maybe also some moments from the Victory Tour hinting at the rebellion brewing in the districts.

• Caitlyn says:

That’s true the more I think about it. Ya they most likely won’t have that scene in it but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to see it!

• Belle says:

The portraits of Effie and Caesar are so awesome. I love how they are emphasizing how the Capitol is shown as more royal and regal than any district. It’ll explain things better to someone who didn’t read the books on why the districts want to rebel later on. I hope they’ll do these portraits for all the main victors (like Finnick and Johanna), as well as President Snow.
    As for the teaser trailer, I’m really interested in finding out what scene they’ll choose to show. If they show an arena scene, it’ll be a giveaway that Katniss will be back in the Hunger Games. So will they show Katniss and Peeta in the victory tour? If so, which part?

• José T. says:

I honestly have no prediction of what will be in the teaser because there are so many possibilities in what will be in it, I just cant wait to see it. 🙂 I think it would be smart for Lionsgate to release it during the MTV Movie Awards because ” The world will be watching.” in a way. And the 2 “Capitol Portraits” that where released today are completly AMAZING my friends and classmates got pretty annoyed because I saw it during class and I wouldn’t shut up….. FANBOY problems.

• Tyler says:

For the trailer I hope to see nothing from the arena just like in THG trailer. The perfect teaser would be Snow’s announcement of what will consist in the quarter quell and end with Katniss’s reaction.

I loved the portraits of Effie and Ceaser, tHey are alot more capitolized then the first movie, much more like how I invisioned the capitol wardrobe to be! I think tomarrows Photo will be of Haymitch because the tag line is SIP in style so it makes me think of him or it could be Plutarch because he did famously fall in the punch bowl

I really hope in the teaser that they show some of the games like not all of it but some smaller parts. I definitly would also like to see some of the Victory tour scenes, and maybe even show District 11 doing the 3 finger salute. My dream for the trailer is that somewhere in there the screen goes black, we hear the crack of the Whip and Katniss screams Gale. That is my dream. I think the music needs to be dramatic and they really need to step it up on this teaser because the Hunger Games teaser consisted of Katniss walking in the woods. I also think it would be nice to maybe see Peeta and Katniss togeher on the train or something along those lines as well.

My prediction for the teaser is that it’s going to be based around Snow and Katniss’s conversation. It sets all the stakes for the film and it’s wonderfully tense and creepy. It might be part voice over, like the first teaser, laid over shots of the angry crowds and Katniss struggling to keep the situation under control. All that dark, brewing tension would be amazing to see.

I absolutely love what Trish Summerville and Ve Neill have done with the characters, especially with Effie. The way Elizabeth Banks looses herself in Effie is is not just solely because of Elizabeth’s acting skills, but a lot of credit has to be given to the Costume and Make up teams. I think it was an amazing idea to bring on Trish to the crew. I think they really stepped up their game in the costumes.

Can’t wait to see Cinna next!

And with the predictions for the trailer release:

The Hunger Games the teaser was released 7(ish) months (August 2011) before the movie (March 2012). April 2013 just so happens to be 7 months away from November 2013 and April just happens to have the MTV Movie awards (Nicely times marketing team).

November 2011 is when they released the official trailer, four months before the movie release; four months from November 2013 is around July 2013; which is perfectly nestled between all the upcoming summer blockbusters (again nicely done Marketing Team).

So if they follow to same suit as they did for the first movie my deduction for the trailer would be:

Teaser Trailer: April
    Official Trailer: July

• I don’t understand the argument that the conversation between Snow and Katniss may be too revelatory. It happens practically at the beginning of the book and all it reveals is what the stakes are at the beginning of the story.

• satsumarena says:

I can definitely see the Snow’s words being used to frame the teaser, perhaps as a voice-over, similar to Gale’s voice-over in the THG teaser. The THG teaser trailer was quite short, and I can see perhaps a glimpse of the D11 visit/riot, to emphasize the rebellion theme. I think that the specifics about Snow threatening Gale, or “knowing about the kiss”, would be left out. (Much as Gale’s comments referred to the Games, but never explicitly mentioned them in the teaser.) But the idea that Katniss has ignited a spark that could lead to rebellion, has already been revealed with the Motion Poster, and wouldn’t be that much of a spoiler.