#65 Fireside Chat: Unscripted 3.0 Monday 02 July, 2012

“Unscripted 3.0”

Did you miss the live show on Monday night? No worries! You can click here to listen to it recorded OR simply use the embedded player below!

Episode 65 of Hunger Games Fireside Chat will air live this Monday, July 2, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts will include some of our fabulous friends from Down with the Capitol, Tiffany from Victor’s Village (and Welcome to District 12!), Courtney from Welcome to District 12, and Ariel of Nerdy, Wordy, and Almost Thirty!

What better way to kick off a new month than with an “Unscripted” episode? We recently decided to do one “Unscripted” show per month, so feel free to keep sending us topics to throw into our grab bag!

– To kick off Episode 65, we’ll briefly discuss the latest Catching Fire casting rumors (Hunter Parrish as Finnick??) and chat about paparazzi photos before launching into an hour-ish of UNSCRIPTED awesomeness!

– As with all our “Unscripted” episodes, we’ll spend the evening digging into a grab bag full of listener-submitted questions, discussion topics, Crackpot Theories, What Ifs?, Would You Rathers?, and Cave/Marry/Kills. It should be a lot of fun!

Update: Below you’ll find a list of all of the topics we pulled out of our grab bag!
– From Tess: Why are the Career Tributes from Districts 1, 2, and 4, but not 3?
– From Maia: Would you rather live in the Capitol or the districts?
– From Stephanie: Towards the end of Mockingjay, do you think Gale turned out to be sort of evil (like one of the Gamemakers)? After all, he did come up with the idea for the trap with Beetee and how to trick people into thinking something is good when it turns out to be bad (a.k.a. the parachutes sent down on the Capitol people and the rebel doctors that exploded).
– From Hunger Games Book Club: Why do you think Peeta asked Haymitch to train him separately?
– From Tess: Why is Katniss “The Girl on Fire” but Peeta isn’t “The Boy on Fire”? He was on fire, too!

(If you missed last week’s episode, click here to listen!)

Down with the Capitol: @HungerGamesDWTC
Tiffany: @twiffidy / @VictorsVillage

• Kaleiney says:

I have a kind of random, getting ahead of myself question! I’ve been wondering about: If CF is filming this fall, with a release date set for next fall, what is the expected time frame for Mockingjay filming? They will be promoting CF fall 2013, so is it likely that filming would occur summer 2013, prior to the release of CF? Or would they wait until after the release of CF? Are we likely looking at a 2014 or 2015 release for Mockingjay?

• Kathy says:

Do you think we will see Haymitch, Plutarch, and companyl scheme the breakout of the tributes? If so will it be in flashback mode at the end of the movie or clues dropped throughout the movie?

• Emma says:

If u were to pick one song by lady gaga to be on the next hunger games cd which song would u pick??? Personally I would choose either monster or princess die.

• Emma says:

I also have a cave/marry/kill seneca crane, johanna and cato

• Can you talk about what areas of the United States are which Districts? District 12 is easy since it is Appalachia, and I’m assuming District 11 is Deep South, but I can’t figure out where District 4 etc might be. District 7 Lumber in Northwest? Also, I always wondered if the Capitol might be LA????? Because isn’t Hollywood the closest thing to Capitol fashions? And you guys talked a few episodes ago about the distance being somewhere west of the Rockies, right?

Thanks for leaving comments, guys! I’ll make sure we add these to the grab bag/talk about them on future episodes. 🙂

• annie browen says:

I have a craackpot theriry. Is it a possiblitythat President snow xould have been from a district before he was president. Whatdistrict do you think he would havecome from and how do you think he became president

You should talk about the though of Cillian Murphy for Plutarch. I ADORE that idea… though my opinion is a bit bias… heck I won’t even care if they (re)cast him as Prim… he just needs to be in this film! LOL

Thanks Mel & Annie, I got your comments, too!

• Emily414 says:

If Peeta is Ron and Gale is Hermione, you know what that means… PEEGALE! Haha LOVED the show tonight guys. You all are amazing!

• Dude from Germany says:

On the paparazzi-subject: Maybe there weren’t as many shots of Jennifer in the UK as the movie (and the book) is not as big here in Europe as in the US, I’m afraid.

You have to consider that the marketing for the Hunger Games was really reduced to the states only. We still don’t even have a german Kindle-version of the books.

Come on Lionsgate, throw us a bone here in Europe!

• Tess says:

Oh my gosh! You answered two of my questions! Thank you so much, you don’t even know how happy it made me. That made my day

• My understanding of Careers was that certain districts felt that being in the Games was an honor, therefore many of the children who wanted to follow that decision train their whole lives and then volunteer to be in Games as a replacement for the random person chosen in the Reaping.

• […] Usted puede comprobar fuera de la promoción completa aquí . […]

• […] (If you missed last week’s episode, click here to listen!) […]

• […] our videos)! If you missed Episode 65 LIVE on Monday night, you can — and should — click here to listen to the whole show! After addressing the latest Johanna rumors and discussing the […]