#63 Fireside Chat: Dear Francis Monday 18 June, 2012

“Dear Francis”

If you missed the live show tonight, never fear! You can click here to listen to it recorded OR simply use the embedded player below. Enjoy!

(The AMAZING fan art to the left is by rohanelf.deviantart.com! Click here to see the full illustration.)

Episode 63 of Hunger Games Fireside Chat will air live this Monday, June 18, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts will include Mary and Flo from Down with the Capitol, Sam of Sam Cushion Music, Rebekah of Victor’s Village, and Ariel of Nerdy, Wordy, and Almost Thirty!

– We’ll kick things off with a round-up of the latest movie-related news (including the most recent casting rumors! Hooray!). We’ll also talk to Rebekah about her open letter to Armie Hammer and recap and wrap up the HEATED Snow vs. Coin debate that closed out Episode 62 last week.

– Even though it’s a bit too late to appeal to Francis Lawrence, we’ll present a wish list of Catching Fire scenes that we think absolutely MUST make it into the movie. Please leave a comment below and let us know YOUR must-have scene or scenes. We’ll share as many comments as we can!

– To conclude and help us ease some of our casting-related anxiety, we’ll intro a new segment called Casting Nightmares (warning: listen at your own risk, as this segment may actually give you nightmares). To help us out, leave a comment below and tell us about your “nightmare Finnick” and/or “nightmare Johanna.” In other words, which actors do you think would make the WORST Finnick and Johanna imaginable?

(If you missed last week’s WILD and unscripted episode, click here to listen!)

Mary: @maryms1980 / @HungerGamesDWTC
Flo: @FloeticFlo / @HungerGamesDWTC
Sam: @sam_cushion
Rebekah: @Rebekahdg / @VictorsVillage

#122 Fireside Chat: Lyme and Paylor and Boggs — Oh My!
#122 Fireside Chat: Lyme and Paylor and Boggs — Oh My!
9/20/13: Cool Stuff We Found This Week
9/20/13: Cool Stuff We Found This Week
Fun
#121 Fireside Chat: Hungry for Moore
#121 Fireside Chat: Hungry for Moore

• Beau says:

I really hope the pearl scene is kept in the Catching Fire movie because it shows Peeta’s and Katniss, emotions pretty well. It is important to the storyline in Mockingjay too because it is what keeps Katniss sane in District 13 while Peeta is being brainwashed and hijacked by the Capitol!

• Hannah says:

I don’t know why but I really hope they do good on the scene where Gale is whipped, I think it is really important and I want them to do a good job in it. I also hope they keep in the district 11 scene even though they did do the riot in the first movie.

• There are so many must-have scenes that I decided to limit myself to the ones that have Katniss/Peeta and sometimes Haymitch. It wasn’t until I recently re-read CF that I realized how important that “team of three” is to the entire trilogy. So:
    – the “Brrr. You two have a lot of warming up to do” conversation before Victor’s Tour
    – Peeta’s gift to District 11/Katniss and Haymitch confess to Peeta/Peeta’s burst of anger and telling them to stop playing games and not telling him what’s real
    – Gale’s whipping/Haymitch and Peeta stepping in to help K
    – Katniss coming home injured from woods to Peacemakers/H & P help to diffuse situation/Peeta putting K to bed/whispering what we later know is “Always”
    – K & H drunk after Quarter Quell announcement/decide to keep Peeta alive/Peeta throws out alcohol next day and demands they start training as team
    – K&P tell about their time with Gamemakers/P painting Rue’s death scene/K hanging Seneca dummy/K has new respect admiration for Peeta/they realize neither had planned it but thinking the same way
    – P&K’s day on roof getting to be “normal”
    – K’s dress turning into Mockingjay/P drops bomb of marriage & baby
    – P’s heart stops/Finnick revives P/K freaks out and Finnick is surprised
    – K&P on beach/realize Haymitch made a double deal/K realizes SHE needs P even if no one else does/real kiss
    – P gives K pearl
    – K & P separate/K shoots forcefield
    – H tells K the truth of what has really been happening/Peeta is left behind/K scratches H

• Alison says:

I really want the last day before the games that they spent on the roof to be in the movie. I thought it was a sweet scene and the last time things would really be calm for a while. I also liked Katniss trying on all the wedding dresses. The scene that I am most looking forward to and will surely be in the movie is when Katniss spins in her interview and turns into a Mockingjay. Every time I read that part it was really amazing and spectacular in my head and I hope they do that scene really well.

• -THE SUGARCUBE SCENE
    – At the end of the tribute interviews, when they all hold hands
    – Gale’s Whipping

• stephanie says:

I hope they include the sence where peeta hits the force field with his knife(or whatever it was) and gets shocked cause when finnick does cpr of whever it is, finnick has to kiss peeta. So I think it will really funny in the movie. 🙂

I would definitely looking forward to seeing a small clip of haymitch’s hunger games and who will play Beetee. I hope they make casting decisions soon.

I do not like that producer lady Nina Jacobson made fans ideas and even fantasy casting sound as though we are stupid.

• someone says:

the training together before reaping the always seen peeta and the peral the jabberjays and at the every end when katniss attacks haymitch

• Oh! And Peeta talking to the morphling as she dies :’)

• Kellie says:

I can’t wait to see the sugar cube scene (I hope they do it well!) and also the scene where Katniss and Finnick wake Peeta up by scaring him.

• Miranda says:

FOR SURE the scene with Peeta and the dying morphling in the arena. This is one of the most touching scenes in the entire book. They should be sure to show a glimpse of Peeta and the morphlings in training painting together- so we have a sense of their bond. That will make their death scene so much more touching. The dialogue of Peeta’s in the book at this part was so well written too. This may be the scene I am most looking forward to seeing in the movie. It will be a great acting moment for Josh.

• Deb says:

The scene where Katniss and Peeta watch Haymitch’s games. That may be a scene they would deem suitable to cut, but IMO it’s immensely important, particularly for understanding Haymitch and for deepening his relationship with Katniss and Peeta.

• Eruca says:

The beach scene!! When Peeta gives Katniss the Mockingjay locket and the pearl! That’s crucial to their relationship because I believe that is truly the first time Katniss is conscious that she does love Peeta.

• Sarah says:

Ideally I would want to see every scene in the movie, but I think the Bonnie and Twill scene with Katnis is important, along with her being stuck in the woods with the fence on, because it shows the shift in the severity of the Capitol and how they really are keeping their eyes on her. Nightmare Finnick..umm I’m thinking Nick Jonas. A lot of my friends want him in the movie though.

• cindella204 says:

Must have scenes:

– Death of female morphling for Peeta
    – Sugar cubes (of course)
    – EVERYTHING that happens on the hovercraft afterward needs to stay
    – D11 during K&P’s Tour where the riot breaks out and Peeta throws a tantrum
    – The scene with Peeta’s token in the arena and Finnick & Peeta taking watch after (interesting conversation right there)

Nightmares:

Finnick – Robert Pattinson. The district mayors did that as an early April Fool’s joke and my blood pressure spiked

Finnick – Alex Pettyfer. Can’t stand him.

Johanna – Uhh…Selena Gomez? That would be horrid.

• carla says:

my favorite scene in catching fire– and quite probably in the entire trilogy– is after finnick and katniss come across the jabberjays, when she breaks down because she heard prim’s screams, and peeta tries to comfort her even though he’s on the other side of a force field. it’s not as significant to most shippers as the beach kiss scene is, but i thought it was an amazingly emotional moment, i felt it had the potential for stunning visuals and cinematography, and it would be an fantastic opportunity for jen & josh to showcase the depth of their acting ability. i really hope it’s in the movie. i would also love to see that glimpse of haymitch’s games, or at least for peeta and katniss to find out about them somehow.

as far as nightmare casting goes, i don’t know if i can think of just one name, particularly for finnick. anyone even related to teenybopper fandom, like justin timberlake, justin bieber (WHAT people are thinking when they suggest this, i don’t even know), the jonas brothers/one direction/etc or anybody even remotely linked to the twilight saga… probably the same goes for johanna: if kristen stewart or similar were ever to be cast, i might be forced to kill someone. haha.

• Annie Browen says:

I have 3 main scenes that i feel must be included to make this movie perfect.

1. The interview scene. Undoubtly it will be inclued, but it is the interior of the interview that i feel will really make this scene what i saw in the book. Katniss errupting into the Mockingjay will most likely be in the movie and im glad of this because to me besides the bonnie and twill meeting this is really where the Mockingjay has been born. This is where Katniss realizes that the berries ment so much more. The part where Brutus brings up that Snow could change the quell if he wanted to but he wont (not exact qoute just how i thought of it) because he like to see the victors suffer. And the part where the victors join hands, this part really shows the start to the rebellion and that the district are alining and are willing to fight side by side for there freedom.
    2. The scene towards the end of the book where katniss wakes up in 13s hovercraft and grabs the syringe with intent to end her own and Peetas life. She was willing to leave everything behind to never look back again if it meant putting an end to the pain and suffering she has caused to all around her including peeta. This scene moves me emotionally everything it stands for and what it means is bigger than the whole first half of the book to me. It is the real beginning of the downfall of the mockingjay, its the start to katniss’ loss of control and its a scene that i believ MUST be included.
    3. The Victory Tour. This scene is important as a whole not in fragments. This scene is needed because it shows what a toll the games take on both the districts and the victors themselves. The murders in 11 and Haymitches games and the relationship progression between katniss and peeta also happen during the victory tour and i feel as though these things must be included for most of the book to make sense. The relation ship between haymitch and katniss and peeta evolve in this scene it shows the reason why haymitch is who he is and the murders in 11 show that the districts cant handle another round of tributes dying for the entertainment of the rich capitol.

My horror finnick is Jim parsons he plays Sheldon in the big bang theroy. My horror Johanna is Sarah jessica parker.

• Haley says:

I can’t pick a scene that I would really like them to take out because there are so many of them! If I had to choose I would choose 1. The Jabberjay scene 2. The Rooftop before the games and 3. The WHOLE Pearl and Locket scene 4. Haymitch’s Hunger Games

Nightmare Casting: (Big Evil Laugh Mwahahahahaha…)

Finnick: Hmmmmm anyone other than Armie Hammer? Lol Umm Robert Patterson and Alex Pettyfer

Johanna: KRISTEN STEWART (Oh my gosh) or Miley Cyrus

• Haley says:

I mean to NOT take out whoops 🙂 There are so many of them that I LOVE

• Testing the new comment system!

• Clary says:

I REALLY hope they do the suagrcube scene, but I’m pretty sure they will or else they’ll have a whole bunch of daranged fans running around, it’s a fan favourite and that’s when you meet Finnick, I hope they talk about his past how he won the games ect…
    Also the Jabberjay scene, you see who Finnick actually loves.
    Haymitch’s Games, but that will be sort of hard to do considering you don’t know about Madge and her aunt.

Nightmare Finnick- Alec Pettyfer. I feel like every single book adaptation people want him to play someone! They wanted him to play Jace from TMI (which I could see), and some people even wanted him to play Peeta! But now that Peeta is played by Josh people want him to play Finnick. Also, he is in enough book adaptions. For some reason I see him being a big douche in real life, but he might not be.
    Another one if Zac Efron. If that happened I might just have a heart attack. I would only to be able to see him as Troy from HSM. Same with Justin Timberlake.

Nightmare Johanna- Taylor Swift. Yep. Thats right, some people want Johanna to be Taylor. Do I even have to explain?
    No matter what someones going to be pissed about the casting for both people. Not a lot of people think the same.

• […] subscriiiibe)! If you missed Episode 63 LIVE on Monday night, you can — and should — click here to listen to the whole show! We talked about the latest casting rumors, an open letter to Armie […]

• […] Sam Claflin, who is rumored to have been offered the role of Finnick. We first talked about Sam on Episode 63 after Lainey Gossip reported that he had auditioned. Now Zap2it is claiming that he has been […]