#60 Fireside Chat: Who Should Play the Victors? Sunday 27 May, 2012

“Who Should Play the Victors?”

If you missed Episode 60 LIVE last night, click here to listen to it recorded, or simply use the embedded player below!

(The awesome “Classic Careers” fan art to the left is by atropos93.deviantart.com!)

Episode 60 of Hunger Games Fireside Chat will air live this Monday, May 28, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts will include Aldrin and Arianna from Down with the Capitol, Kait from Victor’s Village, and Natalie from Crushable!

If you missed last week’s Plutarch episode, click here to listen!

So, what can you expect?

– We’ll kick off the show by rounding up the latest movie-related news and discussing the upcoming DVD/Blu-Ray release as well as the Catching Fire title change.

– We’ll then continue our Catching Fire casting series with a look at the rest of the Third Quarter Quell participants. Who do we think should play Enobaria, Chaff, Mags, and Gloss? Listen and find out!

Adam Spunberg (Host): @AdamSpunberg
Savanna New (Co-Host/Producer): @MlleNouveau
Down with the Capitol: @HungerGamesDWTC
Natalie: @nataliezutter / @crushabledotcom

#78 Fireside Chat: And Then There Was Everyone
#78 Fireside Chat: And Then There Was Everyone
Official: Lionsgate Reveals Remaining ‘Catching Fire’ Cast Members
Official: Lionsgate Reveals Remaining ‘Catching Fire’ Cast Members
News

• Sarah says:

I think it would be pretty cool if Betty White could play Mags. Chaff could be Forest Whitiker..but I think he may be too famous. Gloss could be played by Chord Overstreet or Alex Petrov. Cashmere could be Cassie Scerbo. Cecilia could be Holly Marie Combs. Brutus Dwayne “the rock” Johnson. Or Vin Diessel Enobaria could be Olivia Wilde. Seeder could be Tyra Banks. Also it would be funny if Charlie Sheen played the male morphling And then I have no idea for Woof or Blight. But i feel like for the more minor victors/tributes they will have people that don’t have many credits like in The Hunger Games. And if they do ever include a Madge/Delly character I could see AnnaSophia Robb playing her.

I thought the new title change sounds very awkward ?

• ahmad wilson says:

i think Cloris Leachman could play mags and chaff could be played by Reggie Alvin Green

• annie browen says:

I liked but did not like the idea of the name change. The name change was a proper idea because there are some people who simply have not read the books and are only intrested in the movie adaptation. So the name change was a bright idea on that behalf. But again i thought the name change was ridiculous because when the movie starts to promo and posters are everywhere and katniss is standing in the middle of it with a flaming mockingjay behind her you would think people would sa to themselves oh hay its the 2nd hunger games movie.
    I am very excited to see who will play the victors. I have ideas for varius ones but not all of them.
    My main idea for Chaff D11 male tribute would be Mickey rourke. When i pictured chaff i saw a briskly biker guy willing to stir things up Mickey fits this discription
    Gloss D1 male tribute i could see alex petifer playing he fits that sparkly sun rayed look i saw when i pictured him a for Cashmere the female D1 tribute i dont know exactly who should play her.
    Brutus right off the bat i pictured hugh jackman he has that rough and tough look that fits a career. Enobaria i pictured eva mandez with a little make up and weight she could pull it off.
    Mags D4 female tribute i imagined jeanne cooper from young and the restless as her she is tiny and looks how i imagined mags would be.
    I have no idea who the morphlings will be most likely a nobody in paint.
    Woof the D8 tribute is a tuffy i would have to say Daniel Davis from the Nanny. For cececlia Julia Roberts she has that terrified mother look about her.
    Seeder, i can absolutly see Tantoo Cardinal she is native american and fits the discription of seeder she is a wonderful actress i absolutly poitivly think that francis lawrence and liongate should look at her as a possibility.
    I will be happy with everyone who is cast for catching fire im sure they will all be perfect and thats why they call this fancasting this is my perspective on how i saw the victors.
    Cant wait for the show tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Shylah says:

I would love to see Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillippe as Cashmere and Gloss.

Also, I have a sick fascination with Tyra Banks as Enobaria.

Would love Alison Brie as Annie Cresta.

• Ellie says:

Although I still need to think more about the others, I see Jeremy Renner as Brutus and Eva Green as Enobaria.

• Shylah says:

Oh! And Sean Bean as Brutus.

• Delly says:

I like Vanessa Redgrave as Mags, Milla Jovovich as Enobaria, and Idris Elba as Chaff :3

• Ellie says:

This is going to sound crazy, but how about Chris Evans and Emma Watson for Gloss and Cashmere? They look like they could be brother and sister and I think they could pull off the characters..but they might have too much on their plate and might be too well-known, but to me I think I think it would make sense for them to cast established actors as the previous victors because then we’d get the get the vibe the capitol residents do…that we’ve seen these people before and that we know and love them.

• Deb says:

I love Betty White as much as everyone else, but think she would be way too much of a distraction in the role of Mags. It’s a tiny part and she’s too much of an icon at this point. They would do better to hire someone far less known, as well as younger, made up to look older–it would be an rough shoot for someone age 80+.

For Brutus, I would love to see Ray Stevenson, who played Pullo in Rome.

A couple of actresses mentioned previously for Johanna would also work for Enobaria. My top pick would be Michelle Rodriguez.

For Chaff, how about Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Mr. Eko in Lost?

For Seeder, I could see S. Epatha Merkerson (from Law & Order) in the role.

I’m guessing the other tributes will be cast with relative unknowns or people known mainly for stunt work (as with the tributes in THG).

• Grace says:

The only person I’m opinionated about is Mags. Frances Lawrence is (probably) NOT going to bring in a bunch of stars for Enobaria, Chaff, or Gloss. Probably not for Mags either, sadly…
    Just for fun, who should play the four? Well… That’s just too hard. There are so many possibilities each more wild than the next, I really can’t cast any of them. I’m betting they’ll all be unknowns.

• WallyTsoni says:

For Brutus I think Ray Stevenson would be great, however I fear he’s too old.

• Mel says:

HECK no to Cloris Leachmen AND Betty White. Maybe they could act in their hey day, but now they’re just stereotypical old “cool” people that that say “off the wall” things about sex. I don’t care who plays them just as long as it’s not them.

I like Harold Perrineau (from lost) as Chaff it’s something about seeing Micheal was without a hand that sounds really cool! LOL

Ryan Phillippe and Kristin Bell as Gloss and Chasmere.

• Dude from Germany says:

And once more, I had a distinct actress in mind while reading about Mags. I was thinking of Kathryn Joosten – as she was playing the dying yet very nice elderly lady in one of the first episodes of Scrubs.

• Cherish says:

I think that Armie Hammer of the Social Network should play Finnick. Seeder and Chaff need to be middle-aged, so I am thinking Angela Basset and Dennis Haybert. Johana could be a tough chick, like Michelle Rodriguez or Jessica Biel. I personally would like to see some talented relatively unknown actors, and maybe a few well known actors

• billie says:

I want Idris Elba for Chaff sooooo bad now but it’s so unlikely. Also Chaff looking like Idris would explain why Katniss don’t shoot him with an arrow for that kiss!

Idris Elba would be amazing!!

• Scoutchick104 says:

Rita Moreno would rock as Mags. She’s an excellent actress and physically she fits the part.

Love that suggestion!

• serena says:

I agree that Eva Green should be Enobaria. After seeing her in Dark Shadows she would be perfect.

• […] (go subscribe!). If you missed Episode 60 LIVE on Monday night, you can — and should — click here to listen to the whole show! Our topics included the DVD/Blu-Ray release, the Catching Fire title […]

• […] If you missed last week’s episode on casting the Third Quarter Quell participants, click here to listen! […]