#35 Fireside Chat: Schmoes on Ice Saturday 26 November, 2011
“Schmoes on Ice”
Miss the live show? No worries! Click here to listen, or — if you prefer doing things the easy way — simply use the embedded player below.
Episode 35 of Hunger Games Fireside Chat will air live on Monday, November 28, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts will include some of our fabulous friends from Down with the Capitol. We’ll also be joined by Sam of District Tribute, and Kait of Victor’s Village.
And, if that panelist line-up isn’t enough to whet your whistle, four amazing guest panelists will be spending the evening with us as well! Who are they, you ask?
- Movie reviewers and cinema experts extraordinaire, the Schmoes Know guys! We’ve embedded their Hunger Games trailer review at the bottom of the promo. Watch it!
- Sarah Brannen, children’s author and illustrator and figure skating photographer/blogger.
- Tim Koleto, figure skater, fantasy author, and passionate Hunger Games fan.
NOW does our title for this week make sense? As usual, we have a fun and informative show planned for you all:
- We’ll kick off the show by discussing the new still of Haymitch, Cinna, and Peeta that was released in the latest issue of People magazine (HQ version courtesy of Down with the Capitol).
We’ll also announce the winners of DWTC’s caption contest, so if you entered, definitely plan to tune in and find out if you won! Click here to find out who won and to see the captions in action!
- We’ll weigh in on the news that Lionsgate is courting Simon Beaufoy (127 Hours, Slumdog Millionaire) to write the screenplay for Catching Fire.
- We’ll spend the rest of the show “grab bagging” it and pulling all sorts of exciting subjects — from Crackpot Theories and Cave, Marry, Kills to What Ifs? and listener-submitted questions — out of our topic cornucopia. (The topics we drew out were as follows: Would Peeta have a better chance of catching a squirrel, or Gale of baking a pound cake? Are you still unhappy with any of the actors cast in The Hunger Games? Would you rather be stung by tracker jackers or bit by muttation monkeys? Cave, Marry, Kill: Mr. Mellark, Mayor Undersee, and Ripper.)
- We’ll conclude by sharing an incredible listener-submitted poem and talking about what Hunger Games-related stuff we — and our listeners — are thankful for this year. If you haven’t yet told us what you’re grateful for on Twitter or Facebook, please leave a comment below! Just makes sure it’s Hunger Games-related.
Follow this week’s participants on Twitter:
Adam Spunberg (Host): @AdamSpunberg
Savanna New (Co-Host/Producer): @MlleNouveau
Down with the Capitol: @HungerGamesDWTC
Schmoes Know: @SchmoesKnow
Sarah Brannen: @SarahBrannen
Tim Koleto: @Timkoleto
Schmoes Know’s trailer review: