#16 Fireside Chat: Goodbye, Harry...Hello, Katniss! Tuesday 19 July, 2011
“Goodbye, Harry…Hello, Katniss!“
Click here to listen to Episode 16, or use the embedded player below!
Episode 16 of the Hunger Games Fireside Chat podcast aired live this Tuesday, July 19, at 10pm ET/7pm PT! This week, our panel of experts included some of our fabulous friends from Down with the Capitol and The Hob. We were also joined by Crystal of Mockingjay.net and FictionalFood.net, Kait of Victor’s Village, and Ariel, children’s publishing expert, lead singer of Madam Pince and the Librarians, and blogger extraordinaire.
We were still riding the Deathly Hallows 2 wave at the time, so please excuse the traces of magic still lingering in this episode!
– As always, we started out by bringing you the latest Hunger Games-related news (including an analysis of THE VERY FIRST OFFICIAL MOVIE POSTER and some exciting info about the San Diego Comic-Con).
– We briefly talked with the folks at Montgomery High School about their goal to have all incoming 9th graders read The Hunger Games at the same time (they’re currently accepting donations to help pay for the 600 copies!).
– Industry expert Kit Bowen of TheMovieKit.com joined us as we take a look at the opening weekend box office stats for Deathly Hallows 2 and discuss what the success AND end of the Harry Potter franchise mean for The Hunger Games.
– We revisited our Battle of the Epilogues since it was cut short last time.
– To cap off the show, we laughed our way through another round of Cave, Marry, Kill.
Remember, you can chat with other listeners throughout the live show by using our hashtag #HGFiresideChat on Twitter!
Follow this week’s participants on Twitter:
Adam Spunberg (Host): @AdamSpunberg
Savanna New (Co-Host/Producer): @MlleNouveau
Down with the Capitol: @HungerGamesDWTC
The Hob: @TheHobOrg
Kit Bowen: @themoviekit
Montgomery High School: @MHSHungerGames