#7 Fireside Chat: Cake, Cartwright, and Crackpots Monday 16 May, 2011
“Cake, Cartwright, and Crackpots”
Click here to listen to Episode 7, or use the embedded player below!
Episode 7 of the Hunger Games Fireside Chat podcast aired live on Monday, May 16, 2011! This week, our panel of experts included some of our fabulous friends from The Hob and Down with the Capitol, along with regular librarian extraordinaire, Ariel Birdoff!
- At 10:00pm, we were graced with the presence of Phil Wallace, founder of Picktainment.com, and Keith Cardin (formerly Xavier Austrone), founder and director of Wizarding Life Networks.
For the first 15 minutes or so, we discussed Woody Harrelson as Haymitch and gave everyone an update on CINNAWATCH 2011 (term coined by Shylah of Down With the Capitol).
- At 10:15pm, the multi-talented Crystal Watanabe, author of FictionalFood.net and creator of the famous Cake That Was on Fire, shared her top secret recipe for Prim’s goat cheese and let us know what she’s planning to cook up next.
- At 10:30pm, superfans Lucas Strong, Kelly Sararas, and Shia Hayward joined us to talk about their love of The Hunger Games and the fantastic videos they’ve created.
- At around 10:40pm, Delly Cartwright herself called in from District 12.
- We capped off the show with a round of “Crackpot Theories” (Did Foxface knowingly kill herself!?).
Talk about it on Twitter, using our hashtag #HGFiresideChat.
Follow this week’s participants on Twitter:
Adam Spunberg (Host): @AdamSpunberg
Savanna New (Co-Host/Producer): @MlleNouveau
The Hob: @TheHobOrg
Down with the Capitol: @HungerGamesDWTC
Ariel Birdoff: @Madam_Pince
Phil Wallace: @Picktainment
Keith Cardin: @keithXcardin
Crystal Watanabe: @fictionalfood
Lucas Strong: @Strongifyable
Kelly Sararas: @KellySararas
Shia Hayward: @ShiaHayward
Delly Cartwright: @DellyCartwright